Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Inbound Marketing

<- Previous Post | Main Post | Book review | Next Post ->



The main job of marketers is to spread the words about product. Traditionally,  marketers use techniques like tradeshows, telemarketing, direct mails, email blasting, and TV, radio, and print advertising. But, in the digital age, these tools has become less effective. People have become good at blocking out noise, and changed their behavior to consume ‘new’ media like content on the web.
Be the Hub
A pretty website is a good starting point. But, the number of returned visitors is even more important. Your website should not be just an information broadcaster. It should be a hub where people want to come back. We should put only 25% of your effort on your website. The other 75% should be dedicated to create community which will connect the website. Make your website like New York City. Connect your website to other websites so that people want to come to your website.

Be the Best

You also need to find your right position, where you can be the best. If you choose a large market, where everyone proposes the same thing, it will be difficult to beat everyone and be the best. If your market is too narrow, however, you will need considerable effort to educate your customers. So, here is why you should do. Define the right market and be the best in that market. But if you can’t, narrow down the market so that you can be the best.

Remarkable Contents

Your value proposition needs to be remarkable. If not, you need to create something that is worthy of people’s remark. As people talk more about your contents, Google would find your site worths indexing. Your contents will spread like fire in social websites such as Facebook, Twitter, Digg, etc.
Here are the contents creating recommendations:

  • Blog: Not more than 1 page
  • Whitepaper: About 5-7 pages
  • Video: About 2-3 minutes
  • Podcast: About 10-20 mins 
  • Webminar, presentation, or webcast
    Source:  Inbound Marketing: Get Found Using Google, Social Media, and Blogs 
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Book or Audiobooks?

              Personally, I prefer audiobooks. It's fun, and I can listen when I'm doing something else. It also makes other activities (e.g., jogging) a lot more fun. For more detail about audiobooks, please read [this post].
              There is one more reason that may encourage you to go for the audiobook version. You can get it now for FREE. Audible offers you a free trial for 14 days. Even if you get the book and cancel the subscription right away (so that you don't have to pay), you can keep the book. And, don't worry if you lost the audiobook file. Just log into audible.com. You can keep downloading the over and over again.

        About the summary: It takes time to finish up a book. And, when you do, sometimes, you want to review what you learn from the book. If you do not make  notes as you read, you might have to go through the book once again. This can be time-consuming when you are dealing with a book. But you can still flip through the book and locate what you are looking for.

    However, when the material is an audiobook, it is extremely hard to locate a specific part of content. Most likely you will have to listen to the entire audiobook once again.

    This book summary will help solve the pain of having to go through the book all over again.

    I am leaving out the details of the books. Most books have interesting examples and case studies, not included here. Reading the original book would be much more entertaining and enlightening. If you like the summary, you may want to get the original from the source below.


    1 comment:

    1. At Funded Trader we empower Forex & Stock Traders, by giving them the necessary funds to earn a Full-time income check this link right here now funded trader program.

      ReplyDelete