< Previous Post | Book review | Next Post ->
Learning Level: 5/5
Genre: Presentation, Self-Development
Have you watched TED? TED stands for Technology, Entertainment, and Design. It is a conference where great speakers gather and give inspirational speech. TED values presentation as much as the content. You will never find great science content with boring presentation at TED. When I first watched these people talk, I was so mesmerized by what they have to say. I thought only a handful of people could be like them. I was wrong. I realized that when I red this book.
This book is about delivering great inspirational presentation. As mentioned in the book, there are two kinds of great presentation. The first kind is delivered by great person with great science or power. This can be great scientists or great leaders. Another kind, which is more interesting, is delivered by common people (like you and me) with great story. This book will help you can me discover what make people sit up and listen to you. It has many dimension include how to get an idea for presentation, things you need to do at during your presentation, how to open and conclude your talk, how to be introduced, how to make great slides and so on. It is a great book. If you are in to presentation, you have to read it. I recommend this book without hesitation.
- Every one has at least on amazing experience. Draw a great idea from that experience to inspire people.
- Tell a story and support your story with facts.
- Use slides, body, voice, and humor to ‘complement’ your talk.
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1: Spread Your Ideas
- Chapter 2: How to Pick a Topic
- Chapter 3: How to Craft Your Catch Phrase
- Chapter 4: How to Be Introduced?
- Chapter 5: How to Open Your Talk
- Chapter 6: How to Build You Speech, Body, and Transition
- Chapter 7: How to Conclude Your Talk
- Chapter 8: How to Tell a Story
- Chapter 9: How to Master Your Verbal Delivery
- Chapter 10: How to Add Humor to Your Talk
- Chapter 11: How to Manage Your Physical Delivery
- Chapter 12: How to Create Visual that Inspiring
- Chapter 13: How to Overcome Your Fear
- Chapter 14: Stop Reading and Start Speaking